Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lessons learnt..

Just came back from 3 weeks holiday back in Jakarta. It was definitely a sad trip.. didn't get to meet any of my friends.. basically because I was sick during the first few weeks. As I said to my friends, I spent my time at home hibernating and reflecting. Although it wasn't a happy holiday, I did get to spent a lot of time with my sister and my dog. Hahaha (Now you know how desperate I am, imagining a lonely old lady who lives with her pet dog).

I can say the holiday was the worst one of all.. but since I'm back in Melbourne.. I started to think that I kind of miss being home too.. surrounded by the people you love. However, during the last day of my holiday in Jakarta, I'm still blessed to have the one day of happiness. I guess that's how life works.. months of sadness and only one day of happiness.. maybe the purpose is for us to better appreciate the one day of happiness after months of sadness.. It only took 1 day of happiness to change the frown upside down and change it into a smile.

Think of life as journey of a runner. When u're full of energy you ran.. when u're tired you walk.. and sometimes you even fall and feel the pain. Some of the runners choose to stand right up and start running again to win the race.. but other runners might choose to spend 1-2 minutes to stay down to adapt to the pain and wait for it to feel better before standing up and try to walk then run. Maybe that's how life is.. you fall and you rise up eventually.. some people choose to move on right away.. some try to feel it all before moving on. I guess I'm the kind of runner who choose to feel the pain before moving on. Which kind are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home