Saturday, October 6, 2007

..me..

I consider myself a planner.. and having 2 jobs does not make that any better. I am constantly planning for the next minute in my head. As I open my eyes waking up in the morning, my head starts going through the things that need to be done on that day, as I leave for work, grabbing my breakfast to be eaten while I drive in the morning and throw a quick kiss to both my dogs, I make more detailed plan and self-reminder on everything that I cannot forget to do. Even in my sleep, sometimes I dream about things that needs to be done.

I'm pretty lucky because now I get a driver to get around so I can do most of my last-minute-unfinished work and much of the planning on the road. Even my friends now say that I'm never at a place for a long time. When they call me up, I was here and the next minute I was already on the way to somewhere. I'm always on the go. The thing is, I have 2 full-time job, both are important and both deserved the same dedication from me. I admit, sometimes, I hate the responsibility that I have to give to both ,and sometimes I wish I can choose which one to cater first than the others. And the traffic here in Jakarta is no help at all. So what I did was, I make sure to everybody that I don't have flexible times. If they need anything from me, they need to let me know way before hand and that there is no guarantee that I will be able to fulfill their requests.

Which is why, I am very very very happy about holiday. I have arranged holiday for myself every now and then. This time, I get a 2 weeks holiday. Yeeehaaaa..... I'm going away to Bali, not to the beaches though, this time.. to the mountains.. Sooo.. I switched off my phone and ... happy holiday!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Therry said...

Aah... I smell a workaholic in the making :P~~~

Sunday, October 07, 2007 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger boy said...

...now I get a driver...

~sounds like you got 2 jobs with decent salary :)

Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

therry = i know a workaholic when i see one, and i dont think i am. thats coz probably i control myself and i didn't let work control my life. i work around 45 hours per week and 3 days in a week i work round the clock from 7 am to 7 pm. but i make sure on the other 2 days i finish early in the afternoon. and fortunately most of the people know that those days are 'untouched'. that's a 'me' time. haha..

Boy = its not 2 jobs WITH decent salary.. its actually I need 2 jobs to get a decent salary where others only need 1 job.. haha. i didn't get a personal driver just yet, my parents get the driver in the morning and i drive myself to work every morning coz i leave very early so the traffic still isn't so bad. i used my parent's driver in the afternoon to get around coz mostly my parents stayed at the office. ;)

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

now this is what I call being in denial ....

kekekekekek j/k Syl.
you don't need such long explanation, I was only teasing u around. But admit it...you like being busy don't you? :P~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

therry = actually.. i don't like being busy. i love having something to do and earning money.. but i dont like being busy. all in all, i don't like being under pressure in every situation, be it working or personal life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home