Monday, August 18, 2008

Fair huh?

Life is not fair. I get that! But what I don't get is why people are making it worst than it already is?

Here's an example.. Being a single and working-for-myself woman in my mid-twenties often get frowned upon.. on a regular basis.

I was told.....

1. Not to be caught up in work so much and I need to find a partner.. A.S.A.P!!
Reason that was thrown on me was I'll be too busy working to notice a guy walking my way. And if this is a guy who is so busy working, people around him will think he is a hard worker and is on his way to success.

2. Not to think about pursuing my masters degree.
Reason was because guys do not want to go near a girl who's far more educated than them and also according to them I won't need them as I will eventually end up in the kitchen cooking away for my family.
But when a guy is thinking of doing a masters degree, he is a diligent and smart man for investing and thinking way ahead into his future.

And this is a good one, as I get this a lot.
3. To just go with the flow in my career that I don't have to work too hard and be successful.
Reason: Guys feel intimidated by successful woman.

Believe it or not the incident described above happened to me a number of times. And also happened to a lot of my girlfriends who run their own business. Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently being able to support ourselves financially and being independent turns out to be such a turn-off for guys. But if its the other way round where the guy is independent and all actually makes this guy a rare catch in a sea of bad fishes.

So I come to my conclusion that in order to be a perfect woman in this country is to be dumb, and lazy. And if you do that, before you know it a prince charming in a white horse will come sweep you off your feet and both of you will live happily ever after.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should read Rima Fauzi's last posting, it goes well with your rants here ;)

I can't believe people have the guts to tell you what is and what's not to do, like who do you think he are???

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perfect woman = dumb and lazy.
is that mean i can consider myself half-perfect??
since i know im sooo lazyyyyy~
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Lai Lai said...

Syl, I can safely speak for people like us, as in the SATC girls type, that we surely would not want to go out with guys who are intimidated by successful women.

I know these kind of guys, who find that successful women keep them challenged and they find it such a turn-on. Yes, naturally men have the ego issue, but the REAL man, will, and I say it again, WILL appreciate women who can stand up for herself, let alone be self-sufficient.

To put it bluntly...hari gini, please deh, one income is not enough!! =P. And my mum always taught me, as a women, we need to be able to stand on our own two feet, coz baby..no body knows what tomorrow brings, and you cannot rely on anyone, but yourself when shit hits the fan!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger boy said...

And if this is a guy who is so busy working, people around him will think he is a hard worker and is on his way to success --> I like this part hahaha...

guys do not want to go near a girl who's far more educated than them --> smart girl itu enak diajak ngomong, kalo yang dumb mah...ada juga bengong...

Guys feel intimidated by successful woman. --> kayaknya sih, kalo "unsuccessful woman" justru kerjanya ngangguin pasangannya hahaha...

perfect woman in this country is to be dumb, and lazy --> gak juga...yang pentiing itu cantik, seksi, baek, dan kaya hehehe...

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Cn Naz said...

don't we all want to leave in fairytales?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

Therry: yeah.. they are some nosy dumb people!!

mel: oh God.. i can't believe you FINALLY admit it!!!!! jakarta sbnrt lagi bersalju mell!!

miss lai lai: yes i agree that some men .. well correction.. REAL men find the all women being independent as a big turn on. only when its in dating period. after going for a while the men will eventually feel intimidated too.

and yeah.. hari gini two income aja blom tentu cukup.. harusnya thankful dibantuin cari duit ama partnernya ya.. malah sempet2nya ngurusin egonya.. hasyah..

boy: yeahh with u being sooooooooo busy and all.. hopefully u're on ur way to success ya boy.. heuhuhue

cn: not really when you think of it .. i'd like to think that cinderella and snow white also has problems in their marriage to their princes too. too bad the movie ends right after the wedding ended. coba kalo diterusin.. pasti ada ribut2nya juga.. huehuheu..

i guess the most important thing for us girls is to be realistic.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home