Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Pact

Being a female in her twenties, sometimes I thought about the possibility of settling down earlier in life. Different people have different definition of settling down and my definition of settling down would be, getting married, have kids and run the household. After getting off a quite long engagement, I started to think that my clock is ticking, that I don't have much time fooling around in life. And as always, a thousand 'what ifs' question pop-up in my mind, things like 'what if I didn't meet anyone special? or what if I'm still single in 10 years time?'.

Lately, I've been talking alot to a male friend of mine, which I've known for about 4-5 years. He has helped me a lot during the past few painful months and one day, we got to the topic of my 'what ifs' question. After a few hours of talking, we came up with a crazy idea.. we decided to make a pact.

The pact.. 'If I'm still single by the time I'm 30 years old, we're gonna marry each other'.

So.. I guess now I'm 'safe', I've got myself a backup-future-husband in which he refers as 'ban serep'.. and I won't be those old-woman who never gets married and live alone with her pet dog. Hahaha. But, I do hope that he and I will find someone and settle down before that.. hopefully it won't be like in the movie, My best friend's wedding where I'd try to ruin his wedding. Wouldn't want that to happen.

Ps: If u're reading this, I would like to express my gratitude to you for being 'there' for me all this time. :)

9 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

I had one as well. But he dumped me, told me he has a new one. Huehuehue...I'm supposed to marry him when we're 30, he's found one who would do it when they're 28. See how bad I am with my love life?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 4:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... Poor gals. Well, don't hope to much!!! Trust me, some guys want to be settled to...

Btw, It's a good thing to have a backup future husband/wife... Who knows, probably the backup is the "1"

LOL

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

Rin = so that means if I come up to him and get to know him and tell him I'd be willing to make a pact and marry him when we're 25 then he's gonna leave the girl who promised him 28?? *how typical of guys*

Io = it sounds funny how our 'ban serep' turns out to be the 'one'.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 9:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make it sounds so easy... kyk di tv aja.. friends..

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Bea Siti Nabilla said...

hey...i'm thinking to getting one too for my backup...but who?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

emi = di friends gitu juga ya.. yg gw inget di my best friend's wedding..

bea = look around be.. sapa tau he's just right there but u never notice him.. ;)

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger irine said...

Syl...maybe not. Cos I don't think he's ready to get married at 25...hehehe

Friday, September 02, 2005 2:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, i am Syl's spare tire and I'm almost always there for Syl to lend her a helping hand. Why 'almost always' you may ask? It's because I'm so far away from Syl. Yes, i am like a spare tire because my function is sort of like keep Syl going, so that she doesn't have to stop and keep looking at the past. I also told her that her painful past is not worth looking anymore. A pathetic jackass definitely is not a pretty sight.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely at your back Mr.Syl's Backup-Future-Hubby. Keep telling her that and keep making her move forward! Rock on, brother!

LOL

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 1:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home