Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Just plain wasted

I grew up in a family where my parents are pretty open-minded and I've been introduced to alcohol since I was 13 or 14 years old (I think). I've been drunk a couple of times since then. My first experience was when I was on a tour in Sydney ages ago. The second time was when I went to Bandung with my high school friends and that was soooo much fun, me and 2 other girls were drunk real bad while the guys are in a club somewhere around the hotel. We were pretty much drunk while walking around trying to look for the guys and I think we ended up sitting inside the lift, going up and down for quite some time and just laugh our ass off. And, the third time was a month ago.. it was actually with a really good friend of mine, I won't really say how the night turn out, but the next day, she told me that I was really funny when I was drunk. When she said that, I was actually very curious and think to myself 'what was I like when I'm drunk?'. Well she told me that I was blabbering to myself, laughing and crying at the same time and basically, I just won't stop talking. And I thought to myself, it would've been fun to be able to see what u're like when u're just so wasted.

People actually have different reaction when they're drunk, there are those who just can't stop laughing, those who starts crying and sobbing like mad, there are also those who suddenly becomes so energetic and full of energy. I don't really know which category I fall into because I laugh and cried both at the same time.. I know its weird, but if I have to pick one, I think I'd be those kind people who can't stop laughing.

Yes (sad but true), I've been drinking quite a bit lately... and I find that its really weird how alcohol actually 'changes' you. When i'm drunk, I feel soo.. 'light', it almost felt like there's no burden on your shoulder and you just wanna laugh about everything. Maybe that's why people resort to alcohol when they're depressed. After hours or sometimes days of depression and frustration, a few hours of laughing and not thinking about whatever that is bothering you is actually becoming a really good option.

Something that i've been realizing is that, people tend to speak the truth when they're drunk.. there just seem to be no boundaries, no restriction, just plain you and whatever it is you're feeling or thinking. There's just no more denial, no more fear of being judged, no more fear of hurting other people, and whatever reason that holds you back from telling the truth. You just want to be selfish and get it out of your chest, which eventually makes you feel better only for that moment..but after that, when u're sober, its just not going to be good!! There will be a lot of explaining to do the next day, I can assure you that. That is why .. my advice is.. when u're heartbroken, turn off your mobile phone before you get wasted and start dialing your ex's number and said whatever things that you might regret, and always make sure you're with friends whom you really trust. Its the truth ladies, believe me!!

*written under the influence of a little bit of alcohol.. (mohon dimaklumi kalo rada 'aneh' postnya, :p ).

2 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

Heuheuhe...iya syl..when you're pissed you just get so honest TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is there even if you don't know them.
Well...I can't really say,"Don't drink too much bla bla bla..."
Just be safe okay...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 6:19:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

Yes rin. i know u're not the nagging-grandma type of person.. :p

Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home