Monday, September 19, 2005

Sex and The City addict

I've been wanting to write about this for a long time, partly because of my obsession with it. Yes, I'm talking about Sex and The City. I've watched it for about 5 times (I have the DVD from season 1 to 6, although I still need to get the second part for season 6) and I'm never bored of it. I would still watch it from time to time. That is how much I'm obssessed with it.

After watching the movie, I somehow feel... liberated. Its those type of feeling you get after having a great night out with your girlfriends. And it made me realizes that no matter how many jerks and assholes coming my way, I still have my girls to fall back on. Yes, I have my own little circle of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. Each of our characteristic is somehow identical with the respective character in the movie. We have a Miranda who wants to be successful in her career, of course she wants to get married and have kids and all, but that'll come later in life. We also have a Samantha who treats relationship as something that come and go. She might get sad over a breakup, but she got over it before a blink of an eye. We might have a possible Charlotte now as one of us might be getting married in the near future *wink wink*.

My friends used to see me as a Charlotte, a lady who believes in true love, perfect wedding and happy family. I used to be like that, but I think I'm becoming a Carrie now. At one point in my life.. I even have my own Mr.Big and I was trying real hard to cover it coz I can't imagine how they'll react to the fact that I was my ex's affair. Of course, I can't cover it up for long. The first girl who found out about it cracked up laughing and of course were attacking me with questions. The other was just surprised and was telling me to stop it right away. I think she was pretty mad at me too at the time.

Well, back to my girls. We were similar to the movie in a sense that, we talked about everything.. i mean everything!! From bitching about someone else's outfit to waxing to guy's body parts. And we were as crazy as the 4 characters as well. It almost felt like, when we're together, we can do everything. I guess 'girl power' really does exist hey..

We're always trying to be there for each other.. used the word trying because we lived in different country.. for now!! But we still keep each other updated about everything that happened in each of our lives. Of course, there's arguments and fighting.. but it always ended up good.

And now.. I'm missing them more than ever..

4 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

wait..who's the 4th person?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops, I put the comment for this one in the wrong one... hahaha well, I might as well put it here too....

Well, probably you used to be charlotte, then you were carrie, but now you surely are SAMANTHA!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

SEX RULES!!! Make love not war. Live like a hippy... Flower Power...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

SATC is like our feel-good rescue remedy when things get really fucked up and being single gals in the modern era is simply getting tougher and tougher each day...but no fear, there's always cosmopolitan!!!! girl, I SAID get DAT FINE ASS back here and we go parteeheeeeeeee yea?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm speaking bout syl's ASS, Those two round things are your ASSets... That's true Girl... Keep it that way, make them firmer and rounder... LOL ~~

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home