Monday, May 29, 2006

Finally.......!!!!!!

I still can't believe that I finally graduated. That was what most of my friends said to me when we met on the day of graduation. I knew that I am graduating since November, when I finished my uni and received the results. However, since my university did not have too many international students, they didn't have international student graduation. So I have to wait 6 months for the graduation ceremony.

Throughout the 6 months waiting period, I never thought it would be such a big deal. At some point, I told my parents that I don't mind not going as it is such a waste of money to fly the whole family across the country just to see me walk across the stage for 1 minute. But they said, its going to be worth it. I guess they are right. I started having butterflies in my stomach the night before the big day. I couldn't sleep, tossing and turning all night long. And the worst part was waiting in line to walk up the stage. Just as the person in front of me walk off, I felt as if I'm going to faint, and when my full name was finally called, I can feel my whole body trembling. It was definitely an out of body experience as I couldn't remember the feeling when I'm walking across the stage.

And I have to say, the best part of it all is to see the smile that my parents have in their faces. That makes it all worth it. I'm dedicating it to my parents for trying very hard to make it to this day. And also all my relatives and friends, for keeping me company while I study for exams, helping me out with my assignments, and putting up with my crappy attitude when I can't take the pressure of studying. I hope this makes it all worth the while.

Here are some pictures... enjoy.....

~ The Day ~


~ The Party ~
(Thank you all for coming..)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Syl! Congratz on the graduation. Plenty of luck on the real working world. Hopefully see you soon online.

Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:35:00 AM  
Blogger irine said...

Wah wah wah...selamat.

When's the BBQ in Indo? hehe

Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger konnyaku said...

congratz :)

Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

fbuh = Thankss fbuh... coba kalo kamu ke melb.. jalan2 sambil ngeliat graduationn.. hehehehe

irine = thanks sweetiee... kapan yaaa.. ntar de kalo ada pasti dikabarin..

konnyaku = thankss steelll.. and thanks for visitinggg.. ;)

Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats syll.. ^^

kemaren ini ninggalin komen tapi kok gak ada yah..:(

im good. just too loaded with deadlines and finals. T.T

kekekekekek
love,
pops

Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home