Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Present Me

The past week was my first day of work, I'm now officially a preschool teacher and assistant psychologist in an international school somewhere in Kemang.

But so far, I'm quite enjoying it because the kids are so cute. I think throughout the day, smile was never off my face. Sometimes its the babytalk-words they try so hard to say, sometimes its something they do.. believe it or not.. when I'm changing their nappies, they can make me smile just by saying something very cute. Most of the kids I'm teaching are kiddies under 3 years of age. There are Indonesian, Caucasian and mixed kids (one parent Indonesian and the other one Caucasian). Its funny how those kids with blue eyes and blonde hair are speaking fluent Indonesian language.

Unfortunately there's one not-so-pleasant thing about my work, I have to travel a great distance everyday to get to and from the school. And lately, on my way to work, I was often lost in my own thoughts.. looking at the buildings around Kuningan, stressing about the traffic and public transport.. I just can't believe that I'm here in Jakarta, freshly graduants with a not-so-healed-state-of-emotion.

Somehow its like an out of body experience for me.. I've been wanting so bad to finish university and come back home, work with the kids and be with my best friends.. and right now everything is just like how I want it to be.

So why do I feel so unhappy.. it seems like something in my life is missing..

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'll be the 1st one giving comment. Congratz with your new job. It's all takes time to adjust. Just hang on.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congratulations on your new job. If you like what you are doing, I'm sure, like alam said, you will adjust to the conditions. Perhaps, along the way, you will even find ways to make the trip to work more fun or finding shorter and better routes. Selamat again and lots of success!

Monday, January 16, 2006 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger boy said...

kedoya - kemang kan jaaauhhh banget...

pantes aja so unhappy :)

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

We all feel that way. You're not the only one who thinks there's something missing but you don't have a clue of what it is.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

Lam: Thankss lam.. moga2 by the time I adjust to it, gw tetep ga bored yaa..

Fbuh: Thank youu sweetyy.. ga mungkin ya jalanan jakarta jadi fun.. yang ada malah stresss... gara2 the unpredictable traffic.

Boy: iya nihh.. jauh bangetttttt.. blom lagi sakit pinggangnya everyday after work.

Ther: I guess if nothing is missing then something must be wrong ya ther.. coz life will never be perfect. There's always gonna be dat something that's missing yaa..

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

Yeah thats true...i guess we cant have everything, despite what Samantha said :P Btw my amplifier is broken so I cant watch DVD..fwuack!

Saturday, January 21, 2006 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger irine said...

And even when you do have it, there are still some things that worries you and makes you think that maybe you never really wanted it in the first place...

*bingung kan maksud gue apa? hehe"

Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh...sounds like sumthin that i'd love to have...>.<...

Saturday, January 21, 2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

ther: i know.. life is fwuaking shitty right now!!

rin: kapan sih lo ga membingunkan?

poppy: i'm sure its coming your way dear.. :))

Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home