Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Adaptation

I have been home for a month now, and I have to say that its been a very 'confusing' month. Being home again felt nice, because you're surrounded by the poeople you love and care. Its the sort of feeling that says you're gonna be fine no matter what happen because you have them. But, I have to say, home was not much like a home this time around.

My house doesn't feel as comfortable, my bedroom doesn't feel as warm, the roads that I travel doesn't feel as safe.. as before. Maybe its just my adaptation period. At some point, I thought to myself, maybe I should go back and stayed in Australia instead. My eyes are somewhat open to the fact that Jakarta is an unsafe city to be in, the pollution, the recklessness, and the selfishness of the people who live in it. Those people who does not regards law as something important and thus chose to live and pretend that law didn't exist.

Most of all, the biggest change that I have to go through was the independence part. I feel as if I'm being ripped off my own independence. Its as if you have your legs and feet but u're unable to go anywhere.. just because your driver and car was unavailable at times when you need them. I miss being able to just leave the house and catch a safe public transport or walk at the side of the road whenever I feel the urge to sit in a cafe and chat with my friends. Without having to consider the traffic, or trying to manage the time so that it doesn't clash with the time when my driver have to pick up my sister from school, or my parents from the office.

And right now, I feel as though I have to choose between my family and friends.. or my independence.

6 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

Don't have to choose. Share! No point in choosing, cos then you'll have to make sacrifices.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indo is my playground, not my home. I will play when I've the time to. I live in the comfort of my home...Australia.

L

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Share??? Are you kidding??? There is no point at all in sharing a miserable place to live. I would choose Independence. From independence, it will come peace of mind. When the mind is at peace, great things will come out of it.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:21:00 AM  
Blogger boy said...

tinggal di jakarta dong....

transpor? kan ada busway, nyaman murah dan cepat (err...ini sih karena emang rumah gwe dekat huehehehe)

makanan?wah, murah meriah dan nyaman...mulai dari abang-abang yang lewat sampai restoran (sok) asing yang mahal...kalo pesan ke abang-abang lebih mantep lagi...langung datang ke customer, murah dan cepat, dan loe bisa makan pake tangan atau sambil angkat kaki dan nonton...di cafe??? mana bissaaaaaaa....

hiburan? pake celana pendek, naek bus ke glodok sambil bawa noban atau siban...puas dah loe beli dvd bajakan...

gak usah takut dah sama jakarta. enjoy aja jakarta!! (slogan bang yos nih!) :D

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

Rin = having to share a driver and a car is hard enough.. :((

Mr/Ms L = That's a very unique way of thinking.. Although I think I'd prefer my home and playground to be in the same country.. just to be practical :p

fbuh (FYI, short term for future-backup-husband) = its not that miserable.. its not as good as Aussie yes.. but its not a dump!!

aviator = well.. if u see it from that point of view sih bener.. nothing beats home.

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Therry said...

the aviator forgot one thing: you got your bestest friends here :P~~~~ although SOMEONE is leaving us for good!!! *pouts* hehehe...

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home