Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rebound

I've been told that the easiest way to move on from a bad breakup is to have a new boyfriend/girlfriend. Be it a real partner or just a rebound-guy/girl, either way it helps you to forget about the ex easily? Is that really true?

Would it be fair if I go out with someone that I don't even care about just so that I can move on from my past relationship? It would be like playing with other people's feelings, wouldn't it? To me it feels like I'm taking advantage of whoever that guy might be, that I'm only with him because I want to move on and forget about my past. And also, I can't even imagine having to pretend that I love that person while the truth is I'm still thinking about the ex and wat happened between us. Imagine if the rebound guy/girl ever finds out that they were with us only because they happen to be at the right time and place when we're desperately in need of someone and not because we really love them. How would they feel?

I might be naive, but I believe in cleaning up the mess of one relationship before going on a new one. I prefer a fresh and honest start to a relationship. I think that people who need rebounds are cowards who are willing to create a mess but are not willing to clean it up and prefer to just leave like nothing ever happened. Especially when it involves feelings of other people as well, like family members, and not just between the two person.

When it involves family, I'd like to think that I get into the relationship and the family with a clean start and good attitude and I'd like to leave the same way, without any grudges or whatsoever. I see that as a responsibility and I think I owe it to them for giving me a very nice welcome to the family.

And that's just what I did. I spoke to each of the siblings and I express my gratitude for welcoming me into the family and apologies for having to end it the way it did. And sending my very best regard to their mom, I didn't have the courage to personally talk to her because I know its going to make everything so much harder knowing that I cared about her very much.

*Dedicated to a special family, you are always in my heart and my prayer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Therry said...

Well...he doesn't necessarily HAVE to be a rebound, as long as you can establish what kind of relationship that you want out of him - maybe you can just hang out, for fun only and take it from there, no strings attached, you know ;)

Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger irine said...

wakakkaka
that phrase..."no string attached" brings back so much memory about a certain ehem.
It's great that you actually talked to his siblings Syl. Dats really brave of you.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

rin = that certain ehem is long gone!! uda ilfil skrg!! jadi jijik.. wakakakka..

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

btw. rin yeah i did talked to them. I guess I just want them to know that i'm sorry coz I know they're disappointed and would like them to know that if they ever need any help, I'd be glad to be there too.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home