Friday, December 9, 2005

A bit of a confession

I have to admit.. I am a self-confessed shoe addict.

I've been staying at home for a few days now due to me being sick. So I've just been cleaning up stuff, my clothes, books, accesories and...... shoes. I was a bit shocked at how many pairs I own. From strappy sandals to stilettos.. from short to very high heels.. u name it!! Well, I'm not really that shocked since I know about my passion for shoes, but I guess this is the time when I have to admit it. eekhhh...

However, the one thing that I'm realizing was that.. I'm always smiling everytime I walked into the shoe room and see all my shoes sitting there soo beautifully!! And, that thought of having too much shoes actually magically disappear whenever I'm in a mall walking through shoe stores.

Sometimes I wondered at how much people are willing to spend for their hobby purposes. For example, I've heard of people who are collecting porcellain dolls and they are willing to pay millions to have the dolls delivered from an unknown parts of the world just to have the dolls sit in the cabinet in their home. It sounds illogical to me, but when I thought about my shoe obsession, I kinda feel a cringe..

Am I one of those illogical person? How many shoes does a person needs, after all we only have a pair of feet?

But then again, shoes are definitely different from porcelain dolls, they don't just sit there in the cabinet..... we actually wear them every now and then.. and so the money we paid wasn't that useless afterall...

6 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

Hahahhaa...I guess that's why we're good friends?! I did the same thing, not too long ago. Found out that I have about 40 pairs of shoes, 20 of which are just unusable (too shabby to wear, but I love them too much to chuck them away). Too bad we don't have the same shoe size..hehe

Friday, December 09, 2005 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

40 pairs of shoes??? What are you, FREAKS????? I'm married to shoe freaks...

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoes?? Oh, yea. The pair you sent me years ago, I haven't had the chance to wear them. But, I promise, I will wear them this weekend. Thanks again! Hugz and kisses!

Saturday, December 10, 2005 2:39:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

rin = hahaha... same or not.. I can still manage.. disumpel pake tissue aja rin.. muat2in.. hahahahha btw.. u've been into my shoe room.. i'm sure u know wat i'm talking about.

ther = therrr... I just made a confession didn't I? I'm not a freak.. i'm merely shoe-lovers. btw.. i'm both my sisters got me 2 new pairs of shoes from each of them since they know shoes is the only thing i want.. hahaha

my fbuh = you gotta admit.. I DO have a good sense of style for shoes didn't I?? ;)) hugs and kisses back at ya..

Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Therry said...

Maybe shoes to you are like what my music is to me...our source of happiness and relaxation and our unmanageable addiction that keeps us alive and feed our hungry souls...

Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger boy said...

40 pasang???

ah...masih dikit...tambah aja terus :D

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home