Saturday, December 24, 2005

What I've been doin

For the past two weeks, I haven't been working at the office, instead.. I've been staying at home, preparing for Christmas and New Year.

Setting up the christmas tree.. this year, its yellow, red and gold for the tree.. To be honest, christmas in Jakarta is pretty pathetic. Coz, there's no christmas spirit AT ALL!! Its just like any other day, but then again.. we can't complain..

Other than christmas tree.. I've also been keeping myself busy with decorations for new year. Me and my extended family have a tradition upon celebrating New Year. 2 years ago, the whole family gather at one of our relative's house and all of us were expected to wear Balinese-style dresscode, since the theme for the evening are 'Jimbaran Barbeque Party'. The males are wearing some Balinese style shirt with knee-length pants and females are wearing tank tops and Balinese sarong. We also ate using the traditional rattan-made plate plus banana leaf at the base of the plate. Not only that, we also put up some torch around the garden and floating candles in the pool. Its held mostly around the garden, with a few barbeque pits. It was reallyy fun...

This year's theme is as fun as the one before.. I promise I'll write about it once its done.. Who knows if you're lucky I'll post up some pictures as welllll...

For the time being.. not only Ashley, I'd also like to wish everybody..

.....A Very Merry Christmass.....

3 Comments:

Blogger irine said...

I dont bother putting up the xmas tree anymore,have stopped since 5 years ago. Why? Cos, there's no bloodeh point in spending freaking 4 hours putting up a tree which will only get dusty in a corner for a few days, and then spending another 4 hours putting everything back in the boxes again. And may I add, since I have brothers, I will be doing all that ALONE.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

True.. I spent a few hours putting it up.. but then there's always a good feeling for at least a week looking at the tree.. so its making it worth it.. :)) FYI, I'm doing it alone too mostly.. but this year.. my lovely youngest sister was helping me with it.. and not to forget my ashley too.. helping in messing up with some of the decorations since she loves chasing after the christmas decorations.. hhahhaa

Monday, December 26, 2005 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger Therry said...

My christmas tree is one of those that comes complete with decorations glued on, about less than a meter's high, and lights up all by itself due to some frightfully clever lighting at the base of it. All we gotta do is stick the electric cord to the power point and bravo... It's Christmas like you've never seen it before!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home