Monday, April 3, 2006

One of the many ways to get a husband

I've just realized that its really not so hard to get a husband.. sometimes people often offer you their son, their cousin, their nephew or even themselves....... FOR ALL THE WRONG REASON!!

Three out of the many incidents:

I met the mother of a sister's friend, she was very welcoming and friendly.. and we chat quite a lot. She asked me questions such as.. have you graduate? where did you graduate? what i'm doing now? working where and bla.. bla.. bla.. and suddenly she commented 'How I wish I have a son.. If I do.. I'd ask him to go after you.. you're hardworking, you love kids, and you can cook too.'

another incident......

A guy was going after me.. and one night on an unwanted date he said 'I can't imagine there's still girls like you in this modern area, u're a graduate, you cook and you love kids'.

and yet another incident......

A friend of my mom was trying to fix me up with one of his sons... I guess you'd know the reason why.. by now!

feeling very insulted, I replied the same way to everybody......

'Why don't you get a maid to marry you/your son/your nephew instead?'

6 Comments:

Blogger boy said...

namanya juga usaha, maklum lah huehehehe....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe... Well honestly I'm laughing when I read this post... Somehow it's funny.. Life is a funny thing right?

It's true that it's not that hard to get one but to get the right one it's not that easy. For those people you're the "right one" but unfortunately for you they aren't(because of what they said).

Btw a maid is also a human they deserve to be appreciate. If they can complain about your words. I think they will. Cause you've been insulting them. What make us better then maid? Maybe we just lucky. A maid is hardworking, take care the kids and cook because they get paid for it. It's their job. Are you?

Maybe you can try to look at this positively they choose you against the maid. Means your're much better. Probably you should feel proud rather than insulted.

Hope you don't get insulted with my comment. Hope you get a good and the right one sil ^_^

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

boy = hehehehehe

alam = thanks for your comment and no i'm not insulted. But, i did not mean to insult maid. I've always appreciate them, and I've got my maid and drivers who's been working for more than 10 years with us.

All i'm saying if they can be shallow enough to think that what constitutes a wife is someone who cleans, cooks and takes care of the kids then I don't think I can appreciate them as much as I should. And vice versa.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, what about women how has a future backup husband? What is your opinion about that?

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

hmn.. i think she's just playing it safe! hahahahaha.. so that she doesn't end up alone with her pet dog..:p

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaah

it's hillarious. ^^.

well, well, well,
so now they define wife as someone who cooks, cleans and loves kiddos.
*then i will never be a wife, i dont clean, i dont cook, and i dont really love kids* ^^;

btw, how have you been?

Sunday, April 09, 2006 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home