Friday, June 16, 2006

Something funny.....

Something funny happened today while I was in the classroom with my 5 year olds students..

During our journal writing session, me and 3 kids were sitting around the table. It was a free writing day, where they can write about anything they want. They were struggling to pronounce some of the words out loud as it is going to make the spelling and writing easier. Some of them were asking me questions like 'Miss Sylvia, how do you spell the word 'restaurant'? and etc. One of the kids were sitting there and just brainstorming as she got stuck. She have no idea on what she's going to write. After around 15 minutes, she got frustrated. Her friend who was sitting next to her came to her rescue.

(+) ~ is my student who is confused on what to write
(-) ~ is my other student who tried to help her confused friend.. and..
(Me) ~ is me


(+) What am I suppose to write aboutt?? I don't know what to write.
(Me) Write about your holiday to Korea... (while sharpening a box pencils)
(+) No.. (while shaking her head)
(-) Why don't you write about your weekends.. or your family.. or your pets?
(+) (Still shaking her head)
(-) Or.. you can write that Miss Sylvia is very pretty and she's also our favourite teacher.

I stopped doing whatever I was doing and was just surprised. Keep in mind that I was also trying very very hard not to burst out laughing.. because I would have to spent at least 15 minutes on explaining why I was laughing. Instead I did the next safe thing, I said thank you. Then I thought to myself.. since when does 5 year olds starts learning to kiss ass?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since their parents are ass-kissers too. This is an awesome post, Syl. I like this one very very very much!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so in the dialogue, the person with (+) sign is your student, and the person with (-) sign is you,
then...
(-) Or.. you can write that Miss Sylvia is very pretty and she's also our favourite teacher.
isn't this what you said to your student?
you seems to have a very interesrting job... nice to know you

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

FBUH = .. and here I am wondering of the reasons on why you like this post very very very much.

Anonymous = no... the (+) is my student who is confused on what to write.. the (-) is my other student who tried to help her confused friend.. and (Me) is me. hehe.. nice to have you visit too..

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Cn Naz said...

was it a kiss ass, or was it the truth?? huehuehuehue....i thought kids were supposed to be honest? =p

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong? Stop wondering. Don't you like your own post? I think it's cute, don't you think? I like cute things. That's why. As if you don't know me....

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

cn = hehehe amen to being honest!! one thing for suree.. I mite be their teacher but it wasn't me who taught them Kiss-ass 101. :P

fbuh = you like cute things?? then you should come here and work with me.. I'm surrounded by cute creatures everyday who are (still) struggling to run to you and hug you while saying 'I love you Ms Sylvia'.. Although, you need to remind me of their cuteness, especially when one comes in with heavy flu, or when I'm changing diapers, or when they cry and vomit at the same time. Am I scaring you now sweety? :p

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm... I meant cute things. Not scary things. I don't like scary things. Especially, small, whiney, smelly creatures full of disease like that.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and I didn't like myself for being that. No, I'm not planning to have one of those creatures anytime soon.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home