Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Warning!! You might experience some unwanted stress after reading this.

I have to say.. now, I know what its like to work under pressure!! Let me tell you.. it was unpleasant. Eversince I got back from Melbourne, I only got to enjoy around 2 weeks of relaxing. After that it was hell all the way. It was soo bad that I didn't even realize that I've been working every saturday for the past few weeks.

Its the school holiday period, and everybody must've thought 'hmn, how nice for people who work in schools coz they get holidays'. well.. WRONG! There are vacation program (a.k.a summer school) in the place I work in. And being the only overseas graduate it wasn't pleasant coz I get to do most (if not all) of the work. Mind you, everything is new to me at this point.. but would they caree?? Of course not.

Here's an example. At the beginning, I was told that I'll be assisting a teacher (a.k.a the owner who decided to participate during vacation program) in a class. However, a few days before the program starts they told me that I will be the teacher while the owner - who's supposed to be in charge - will be assisting. So there I was, trapped in a place where I don't want to be. I rushed and make a lesson plan in an hour (which are usually done in a week or so), I also have to make the list of equipments and materials and get them myself (usually all the materials are reported to the supervisors and they ordered it). And as if it wasn't enough, I was also asked to plan activities during Kids Day in some restaurants and malls, for promotional thing. And, as a counsellor, I need to prepare hell-a-lot of stuff for my special needs children (currently Autistic, Speech Delay, Down Syndrome kids), and before I do that, I have to look at their individual report (clinical, behavioural - usually a whole stack of report just for 1 kid), then I can make lesson plan (again, individual lesson plan for each special needs kid).

To top it off, this weekend I get to skip my Kids Day at a mall thing, no.. no.. not for relaxing. Instead, my weekend are going to be filled with conferences, seminars and workshops. How nice!!

6 Comments:

Blogger boy said...

minta naek gaji dong...:D


--------
And being the only overseas graduate it wasn't pleasant coz I get to do most (if not all) of the work.
--------
==> loh..ini diskriminasi pekerjaan dong?

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there is no stress, it's not real life. Welcome to the real life! Be tough, be persistent, and most importantly, don't accept failure. Kick some ass. Don't kiss it. At the end of the day, when things get tough, the tough goes partying! Cheers!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:41:00 AM  
Blogger SyL said...

boy = iya niii... emang musti naik gajii!!

fbuh = the tough definitely goes partying.. with some kick ass friends and always.. always.. in the presence of a triple shot cosmopolitan.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cosmo? Yuck! I don't touch that stuff.

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm is there any wanted stress?

Sounds like an exciting things to do. The problem is why all of it must be done at the same time? Hope you have enough strength to do it and probably can have some fun too.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger SyL said...

fbuh = probably you dont.. but i do!

alam = exactly.. i'm as dead as a zombie right now.. how i wish i can sleep the whole 24 hours.

Monday, June 26, 2006 7:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home